Friday, May 31, 2013

i-dyl-lic

An Adjective meaning extremely happy, peaceful, or picturesque

Who does this describe?  Would is describe a WHO or a WHAT?  Would it describe a family?  There was a time, in my head, when I pictured my life-I could picture peaceful...extremely happy.  I really didn't (think) I cared what others saw when they looked in.  "Judge not lest ye be judged." has run through my head countless times since becoming a mom.  Our schedules are crazy, my kids are loud, my house is messy, my laundry is piled, my dishes are in the sink, the toys are not put away, meals are not always hot or made by my hands....but our schedules are crazy because my kids are busy with what makes them happy and when they are happy I am happy (extremely happy), my kids are loud - with giggles and yelling and playing and that makes me happy. I am also happy at bedtime (peaceful). My house is messy-I have a chore list that sometimes gets done and at the end of the day the house is passable (picturesque?) my laundry is piled-but it is CLEAN! (happy)-so one person's crazy mess is another person's Idyllic life....
I am trying not to care as much what others think and hear when they look in, but I am a woman and sometimes I DO care.  I love my little crazy family and I love my loud, busy life.
xo~M

Scenes from my life....









1 comment: