Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year

"Tomorrow is the first blank page of a 365-page book. Write a good one." ~Brad Paisley
I am quoting a country singer.  Am I considered a southerner now?  Stop it!  Once a northerner, always a northerner.  
As a family last night, we all filled out 2013 letters.  We put our names, ages, favorite colors, most memorable moments, what we want to work on, our goals....NOT resolutions....goals.  We sat around the chocolate fondue and read in age order (oldest to youngest). It was fun.  Then decided to put them in a safe place....and read them at this time next year.  I was moved by how introspective the girls were and giggled with Max's answers.  2013-ups and downs for sure.  I am making some internal and external changes (goals) for 2014.  I want to take better pictures.  I want to be present.  I want to be brave and patient and kind.  I want to be the kind of person my kids can be proud of and the kind of wife for whom my husband can be grateful to have.  Not too much to work on, is it? Here is to my first page....
xo~M



1 comment: