Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Bye Bye Tonsils

So my little Maxer has GINORMOUS, I mean BIG tonsils.  Ever since he was little.  He has a rough, raspy little voice that I love.  He had tubes put in when he was about a year old.  The ENT commented on his tonsils being so big but since they were not continually infected and he could breathe (uh yeah...I sure hope so) - they were not causing a problem.  He is 6 now.  Strep a few times last year...but not typical strep when you have the white spots on the back of your throat.  His tonsils have little pockets in them and they hemorrhage when he gets strep.  So before winter and sicky season rears its ugly head again, we go back to the ENT.  I am armed with all my SLP knowledge, a pleading letter from Max's SLP, and a fighting spirit!  Fortunately, the new ENT who took over the practice, looks into Max's mouth and says, "They are HUGE!  They are almost touching and he's NOT even SICK." Thank you and scene....
2 weeks later finds us in the surgical center.  Max is super excited that he will go to sleep with parts of his body intact and wake up missing both tonsils and adenoids (which were also huge...jeez).  It is awful to watch your kiddo be put out.  Max insisted on knowing how he was going to sleep. He says,"Laughing gas?  No really....what's it called." So he likes to tell ALL his friends about the magic of nitrice oxide now.
We are three days post-op.  Josh and I are switching staying at home.  Today is my day.  Milkshake for breakfast, a little hydrocodone snack, and lots of tv and iPad.  He is not my spunky little Maxer yet, but he is getting there.
xo~M

Right before we left for the hospital-I promised he could have bedhead !

Having fun playing basketball while waiting for the surgeon

Watching Regular Show post-op

Hanging out with his Zoey-dog on the couch

No comments:

Post a Comment