Sunday, October 14, 2012

For My Angel

The 8th Atlanta Walk to Remember was held in Alpharetta today.  After copying 400 inserts of baby names to put into the program (we remembered over 150 babies today), setting up chairs/tables, folding said programs, organizing tables, die cutting butterflies (and then hand cutting out hearts because I was afraid we would run out of butterflies), helping MC the event, walking a mile, tying my message to Bennett, watching the balloons float to the clouds....I am sitting wrapped up in my purple fleece with a glass of wine.  I am reflecting on my final walk as co-chair of the event.  8 years.  I helped to start it and I hope to watch it continue.  Not as a planner, co-chair, candle maker, photocopier, registration guru, etc, but as Ben's mommy.  Today was a long day....
xo~M
 Our logo
 My beautiful friend Lindsey singing for us
 My co-chair, Tara and I
 The balloon release
Tara's son, Benjamin, watching the balloons.


1 comment:

  1. Your photographs tell such a heart warming story. Sending you love. Stacy

    ReplyDelete