Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas

Have yourself a merry little Christmas,
Let your heart be light,
Next year all our troubles will be
out of sight,

Have yourself a merry little Christmas
Make the yule-tide gay
Next year all our troubles will be
miles away,

Once again as in olden days
Happy golden days of yore
Faithful friends who are dear to us
Will be near to us once more
Someday soon, we all will be together
If the Fates allow
Until then, we'll have to muddle through somehow
So have yourself a merry little Christmas now.
 **********************************************************************************
Up to 4 years ago, for as long as I could remember, Christmas was spent with my parents.  Sleeping with my sisters on Christmas Eve and spending both Christmas Even and Christmas Day with my family.  Even after Josh and I got together, this was our tradition.  After Keelin was born she was brought into the fold.  When we moved to Georgia, we continued to come "home" for Christmas.  We missed the Christmas I was pregnant with Max, due to the fact that I was 7 months pregnant (and the the thought of driving 13 hours did not appeal to me!) and Kristin was due in January and I wanted to be close by in case anything happened sooner!  We went back to NY for Max's first Christmas and then that was it.  We decided to start our own traditions here in Georgia.  The first year was very hard for me.  I cried a lot that Christmas.  I really missed my family.  I was determined to do everything like my mom.  I would prepare the same Christmas dinner.  We would wake up and do our stockings first.  Eat breakfast and then open Santa presents.  Get dressed and snack, then open the tree presents.  Each year got a little better.  Kristin and I started a Christmas Eve tradition of our own by spending the day and evening with each others' families.  My kids now sleep together on Christmas Eve.  They wake up in their own house for Christmas Day.  I still make the same dinner as my mom.  I still make her sour cream babka for breakfast.  But I have started some new traditions-a breakfast casserole, a new mashed potato recipe, a family picture by the fireplace....little changes here and there. I love our new traditions.  I love being with my little family on Christmas Day.
With our family ever growing and me still missing being with everyone I know that, "Someday soon, we all will be together, If the Fates allow"
So everyone....Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas....
xo~M
Here are some of my favorites..... 
 Max helped me make the babka this year.

 My sweet niece, Caroline
 Josh and our girls
 Me and my boy
 This was right after Aunt Kristin asked Max if he thought Santa could fit down the chimney.  He is seriously checking it out!
 2 out of 3 sistas....we miss you Bean!
 My other niece, Evelyn, belting out a tune....
 Uncle Josh helps Caroline open up her new cars.  Love her little hand on his leg.
 Max likes his new hat
 Our annual Christmas Day portrait
 One of El's favorites...new basketball...to go with her basketball hoop!
 A canvas I made for Kee with lyrics from one of her favorite songs.
 The Hulk!
El's GA hat!

No comments:

Post a Comment