Sunday, December 16, 2012

Things that are senseless

#1.  There is this sweet boy.  He loves to cook, but does not like to try any of the food.  He holds hands with his friends.  He has an infectious giggle.  He has a stuffed monkey he called Ooo Oooo and a bear named, Buddy.  They often came to school.  He used his hand as a puppet to talk.  These are just a few things about this 9 year old.  The night before Thanksgiving his mom and dad checked on him in his bed.  2 hours later, he had passed away.  His name is Joey and he was a student at the school where I work.

#2.  A beautiful 11 year old girl, named Lily who loves to sing, lost her battle with cancer yesterday.  Lily lives in our community with her family.  My daughters have prayed for her at church.  We have participated in Lily and Rally fundraisers.  We have followed Lily's facebook page.  Keelin wants to wear Lily's favorite color to school tomorrow. 

#3. 20 children are gone after another senseless act.  I am a teacher.  I work in an elementary school. I have been reading the accounts of Sandy Hook.  My heart breaks for all of it.  Knowing that I would have done the same for my students, knowing that my childrens' teachers would do the same is a sobering thought.  Going into what is the "most wonderful time of the year,"- I will leave the house tomorrow in green and white.  I will meet my colleagues for a prayer before we begin school. And we will move on. 
xo~M

1 comment:

  1. Heartbroken.... Sending you love. May you carry a light within the darkness. xoxo Stacy

    ReplyDelete