Sunday, February 3, 2013

Special People

There are certain people whom I feel are brought into your life for a reason.  You may not know it right when you meet them or even as you get to know them.  You may always know it or it may creep upon you suddenly.  I met such a person 7 years ago at my job.  She was a student teacher in our special education department and that year I did not even know her that well.  She has since gone on to become Ella's preschool teacher, co-teacher (allowing me to become a part of her classroom), Max's teacher, friend, and I think of her as another sister.  She has become the person I can ask anything regarding my faith and sometimes my lack thereof.  She is helping to guide Keelin down the spiritual path that she has chosen. She recently made Ella's day by coming back to our school to eat lunch with her.  When she visited yesterday, Max didn't leave her lap.  I might not see or talk to her every day, but I know that she is there for me, just as I am there for her.  There are some points in our lives when we need certain people for certain reasons.  Jenn is one of those people for me.  I hope she reads this and know how much she means to me.
xo~M

1 comment:

  1. I could not agree more with the first part of this. I knew your reputation at Daves- an AMAZING speech therapist and I thank God He put you in my life. You have provided wonderful services for our kids, but who knew how you would pour into my life as well! And then I got to know your precious kids who I've been able to invest in and each of them bring such JOY to my life! I'm truly blessed by you and your entire family. I'm so thankful for you and I value our friendship more than you know. Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete