Monday, August 20, 2012

Down for the Count....

So we are back at school less than a week and Max picks up a little cold.  He plows right on, sounds a little congested but no worse for the wear.  He still has endless energy and needs coersion to go to bed.  I catch Max's cold....and I feel like I was hit with a ton of bricks.  No fever, no aches....just a runny nose then congestion.  But boy was I wiped.  I got up on Saturday, but just barely.  We had plans to go to dinner.  A real live date night!  We had a sitter and I was not giving THAT up!  So I laid in bed alternately reading and watching TV with a kleenex sticking out of my nose, because I was sick of blowing it.  I  know, sexy right?  Oh and I did throw a few cat naps in.  I dragged myself out of bed at 6:00 pm to shower and we left the house at 6:45....armed with a dose of sudafed.  Had a great time:)  Again dragged myself out of bed to get to church on Sunday.  The girls love their church groups and I know Josh doesn't LOVE taking them alone so we went to church.  But then this girl was on the couch all day.  I realize the body needs rest but it seemed super unfair to wake up feeling so much better JUST to go back to work!  Don't get me wrong, I am extremely greatful to be healthy.  I just covet my weekend/family time so much.  Plus I barely took pictures this weekend.  I will add a few of my daisies though....so HAPPY they are growing here.  They are my happy flower.  Onward to the 2nd fill week of school and to a hopefully illness free one too....
xo~M




No comments:

Post a Comment