Thursday, August 9, 2012

8-9-12
Growing up....
I don't remember my first day of middle school, but I remember middle school.  When I was in school middle school didn't start until 7th grade.  Today, my first baby-Keelin started middle school as a 6th grader. 
She is so excited that she came home today not being able to wait to go back tomorrow.  (I definately do not remember feeling like that!) She is in a school that houses 6th, 7th, and 8th graders.  I have heard about all of her classes and teachers, including one who was a tomboy (big plus) and another who is a lover of comic books and super heroes (another plus!).  Keelin helped her locker neighbor with her locker and made it through her 7 period (every time she says it - she giggles) day.  Josh is trying to get her to call them class periods instead of "periods."  Ha ha...
I have caught Keelin's excitement.  I am so glad that this new part of her life excites her and makes her happy.  I would love to re-live middle school through Keelin.  I spent 6th, 7th, and 8th in three different schools in three different towns.  This seems much better:) Plus being at daddy's school is a big help. 
Ella began her school year as a 3rd grader and the only one at my school with me.  She had a great day and loves her teacher.  Max is in PK at a nearby school.  His biggest complaint:  uniforms and having to sleep on a cot , which he says is "like being in the baby class."  Not a fan!  It did not hinder him from passing out on said cot for nap time though....
Have a great school year:)
xo~M

No comments:

Post a Comment