Saturday, August 25, 2012

Game on

I never played soccer.  I ran track and I was a cheerleader. But now all of my kids play soccer.  It is huge down here.  Ella has been playing on the Academy/Travel team.  This is her second year.  Keelin plays in the Recreation League in the same organization because she said and I quote, "I want to have a life."  An Academy schedule is pretty much a full time commitment!  Ella practices twice a week for 1.5 hours each. She then CHOOSES to go to goalie training twice a week for hour long sessions and then a n extra skills session for an hour a week.  The weekend is reserved for games.  Yes, this is JUST Ella.  Keelin's practices have not started yet but they are twice a week for 2 hours and games on Saturday.  Max is starting on a team this year.  Josh is coaching :)  He has an hour long practice and then a game on Saturday.  Got all that?  I email Josh on a weekly basis so we are on the same page about who is picking up or dropping off who and where!  I also have a color coded schedule on the refrigerator door.  Oh I forgot, Keelin also has voice lessons and Josh starts with basketball in October.  Then it REALLY gets fun for me!  Anyway, Ella started her season today.  She and her team are in a tournament in Atlanta.  They lost the first game 2 to 1.  It was a little heartbreaking.  Ella played goalie first half and she did not allow a goal.  Then there was a direct penalty kick and really weak goal for the second half goalie.  The girls tried hard but didn't really gel.  The second game they won 11 to 1.  Ella, again, did not allow a goal the first half.  It blows my mind how much she can process in her 8 year old brain.  We were so proud of her.  She was a leader, directing her defense and she did well in offense, calling for the ball when open and just overall impressing us.  It opened my eyes to how much she has learned.  I know she is competitive....she is my kid! and Josh's...she stood no chance! We have a game in the am which will determine the final. We are optimistic:)  Go UFA! 
xo~M
 

No comments:

Post a Comment