Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Look at my nuts....they're really special

So yesterday was a rarity....NO soccer!  Well, due to inclement weather.  The fields were soaked so Ella's goalie training was cancelled and Keelin's practice was cancelled.  I got a text from Josh...."We get a nite off!"  Yippeee....Keelin still had voice, so we all piled in the car and drove her there.  While she had her lesson, Josh, Ella, Max, and I went for a walk.  Now the sun was shining and it was beautiful out.  Max has an eagle eye for acorns.  A year ago we were hiking with our friends from Florida.  Max collected acorns on the walk.  When back in the car, he said to his friend who is a year older, "Hey Abby!  Look at my nuts!  They're really special!"  So....acorns have become really SPECIAL to us.  And every time we see them, we giggle.  Max gathered many yesterday and we filled hands and pockets for the walk back to the car.  Inspired by my friend, Stacy, I suggested to Max that he paint them fall colors. You would have thought I told him we were going to Disney.  I am the BEST mom EVER!  So we spread out newspaper and Max went about painting his special nuts.  We will display them for the fall season :)
xo~M


 
 
Thank you Stacy & Cole :)

1 comment:

  1. Awww... this made me smile!! I did not write how messy the clean up part was!! He looks SO cute and deep in thought as he paints. I love your photos! YOU inspire me to keep photographing. Love your picts and your writing. xoxo Stacy

    ReplyDelete