Saturday, September 29, 2012

Potty Words

Sometimes I can not believe the words that come out of my kids' mouths.  A few months ago, Max was going to take a shower with Josh and asked what it was hanging under his peepers (he calls his penis, peepers) Josh and I were on either side of Max and looked at each other over Max's head.  Josh wanted to tell him the real words and I didn't.  I encourage creativity!  LOL  Anyway, we said, "well what do you think it is?"  Uh full well knowing he is 4 and has no clue.  He put his finger to his scrunched up mouth and then said, "I know!  Scrambles with friends."  Oh my gosh, Josh and I almost keeled over laughing.  Where do kids come up with this stuff?  About a week later he had his 4 year old check up at the Dr.  She had to check everything out and he covered it with his hands and said, "my scrambles with friends is private!"  Dr. E literally had to lay her head down on the examination table because she was laughing so hard.  Fast forward 6 months to tonight.  Naked boy is running around my bedroom.  I stopped him and said he needed to get his pjs on.  I asked if he remembered what his parts were called.  Again the concentrated look.  Then he shot his hand up and yelled, "my tentacles!"  So much for teaching him the "right word...."
xo~M
PS when Max is old enough to read this, I am not sure he will laugh as hard as we do.....


No comments:

Post a Comment