Monday, July 15, 2013

Life's a Beach

We spent a week with our best friends in Bikini Bottom-the beach house we rent in the Outer Banks.  It was a fabulous week of...beach time, swimming, boating, wining (no H), hot tubbing....with no watches and limited contact with reality. As soon as I see the ocean and smell the sand and water, I feel all the tension melt off me.  Sitting next to Josh the first day and watching the kids play in the water....I feel like my soul is being replenished.  Josh says I am different on vacation.  Yes, I am Vacation Mom.  Vacation Wife.  Vacation Megan.  But it helps the kids are my Vacation Kids too.  They fight less.  Talk back less....they are just naughty-less.  And I am stress-less.  Reality is just around the corner, but for THIS week-I am at the BEACH!  I love my vacation self.  Every year I come home vowing to carryover into real life the feelings I feel during this week.  Every year I think I do a little bit better, but until next year.....here are some favs....
xo~M

Snippers and Pitters- a self-portrait

Josh and I at the Catalina Wine Mixer

Keelin and Max at Jeannette's Pier

Vi-Vi and Ella jumping the waves


yes-in a dress!

Photo bomb action


Blake-charging the waves

Maxer do

No comments:

Post a Comment