Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Breathe In...Breathe Out....

If Chronos is minute to minute and Kairos is the extraordinary, what is the crap? The whining? The complaining?  What word can we give that?  I will email Glennon tomorrow and ask her.  Today was definitely an anti-carpe diem type of day.  I will not SEIZE this day.  I am not even sure I am all that grateful for it.  Shhhh.....I will be at bedtime, when I can snuggle with Josh on the couch with a glass of wine as I prepare to go to work tomorrow.  When I could not take it anymore, instead of exploding I had them all go in the playroom and work on a list, " What mom and dad have done for us this summer" and "What mom and dad have done for themselves this summer." And they did it, but SHOCKING they fought over who was going to WRITE the list!  Holy crap....There is fighting over video games, hide and seek, swimming games, chores, who got up first, who played with whom yesterday and whose turn it is today....Can't we ALL just get a long?  Seriously....
Fast forward two days....Glennon's blog posted that in our generation, when there are days like this, we view ourselves as "bad moms" but in the previous generation it was the "bad kids." I think I MUCH prefer the latter......
Carry on peeps, carry on
xo~M
Opting for a picture of peaceful, anti-argumentative flowers today

No comments:

Post a Comment