Friday, July 26, 2013

The Taste of Graham Crackers

The only time we ever buy graham crackers is when we are going to the beach because we know we are going to make s'mores.  The taste of graham crackers all by themselves remind me of being in the hospital when I was having the kids.  Not being able to eat the whole time you are in labor and even after....the one thing you are offered after is juice (I remember orange, apple, cranberry-I always chose cranberry) and a 4 pack of graham crackers.  Those graham crackers and the cranberry juice tasted AWESOME.  The. Best. Food. Ever. After all the work and no food for hours. So now every time I smell or taste graham crackers that is what I think of...my babies.  So as the summer winds down and they begin to drive me (a little bit) crazy, I hold onto the memories of the little things, like graham crackers.
xo~M
Max and I at the Sunset Grille- a little blurry but sweet anyway

Some love from Ella

Self portrait of Kee and I

No comments:

Post a Comment