Sunday, March 29, 2015

"I Have A Faith All My Own" - Keelin Unger

As adults we obviously make more decisions than children and as parents we not only make decisions for ourselves but for our children too.  Even when we aren't sure what or how our children would choose.  Baptism is one of those choices.  And for me it wasn't so much that God was calling me to baptize my children, but what was expected of me by my family.
Today Keelin proclaimed her faith and love publicly.  She was baptized in front of family and friends at our church.  As a mom of a baby, yes it is a moment...something to remember and behold.  But as a mom of a 14 year old who made the decision on her own to follow her faith-it was not only memorable but it was incredibly moving and emotional.  I felt such pride and love as I heard God speaking through my daughter.  Her love for God shone through this morning and so many were able to witness this.  I was in awe of my precious daughter.  As she spoke the words...I have a faith all my own....I had tears streaming down my face.  Tears of joy and love for this sweet girl of mine.....
xo~M




1 comment: