Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Beautiful Day for a Hike

Max and I went to a friend's house yesterday.  On our way, we passed a place where we like to hike.  Max immediately wanted to go.  I told him, maybe tomorrow.  So when we woke up today, he was so excited when I reminded him that we were going to go. We packed water, a few light snacks, my camera...and we were off.  Keelin spent the night at a friend's house so she was missing in action.  Max's constant chatter and questions scared off any probable creatures.  He just could not stop asking questions about the trail.  Ella educated me in the types of soil and rock that she saw along the route....why erosion was occurring etc.  She also told me that she studied this ... in the beginning of third grade, mom! We made it to the top and Ella and I sat in the Indian Seats, a very cool rock formation overlooking the valley with "seats" carved into the rock.  Ella and I were a little intimidated, but we did it :)  The way down was quick.  Max stumbled once, caught himself, and said "I wasn't running mom.  I caught myself. It was a good fall."  Including some shots from today.
xo~M

Ella in the indian seats




Courtesy of Ella

King and Queen of the Mountain

No comments:

Post a Comment