Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Road Trip Day 2

After a full nights sleep, Ella and I ventured out in search a of a food market to buy some lactaid for Keelin.  Josh's sister lives 2 blocks from out first house so we took a two block detour to our old place.  I showed Ella the window that was her bedroom.  A new porch and railing had been built and the front yard was more trees, bushes, and flowers than yard.  I longed to see the inside.  We kept on going.  There were several new shops on Hertel.  And my favorite bakery...Gino's...had CLOSED down!  I remember when I was pregnant with Ella and craving cannolis, Josh would walk down to Gino's to get them for me.  Our quick walk turned into about 2 miles.  We finally located lactaid and headed back to Abby's.  We went to visit Josh's mom and step dad and spent the day at the zoo.  I love the Buffalo Zoo.  After dinner we went back to Abby's and took a walk around the neighborhood, back past our old place and saw our neighbors.  This is when I really miss it here.  I love the lifestyle of this area.  Being able to walk out of your door down the street to a restaurant or the park - not having to get into the car to go everywhere.  The sidewalks take you anyplace you really want to go.  The coffee shop at the corner, the library only a few blocks away.  Unfortunately finding jobs and schools are not so easy.  Kind of an important thin in our lives right now.  But being here, my mind wanders to the if only.....
Here are some shots from the zoo today!
xo~M
Max conversing with the monkey

A rare full family shot!

Max was waiting forever for the elephant to come out of his house. We sat on stakeout for several minutes!

Turtles in the rainforest.

A beautiful peacock

Keelin's favorite....the giraffe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment