Saturday, October 19, 2013

From social media to real life

I de-activated Facebook one week ago. For several reasons-1) time consumption -just don't go on one would say.  Easier said than done, I say.  If I could figure out why I feel the need to surround myself with "friends"...well that's the million dollar question.  2) as a good friend of mine said. "I feel like I know too much"  - this is true.  I know who ate waffles for breakfast, whose kid had a breakdown in Target, and who ran 5 miles and "FEELS GREAT" (while I feel like crap-again easier said than done to NOT compare).  I felt myself doing the same thing..."5 miles in sub 50!" And for what?  WHO NEEDS TO KNOW THAT?  WHY do I need approval or "likes" to feel good about something that should just make me feel good?  3) some things that you read or see hurt.  Ok so just de-friend THOSE people.  When it comes down to it, it is just way too much. Too much time, energy, nonsense....The things I have liked are coming into contact with people with whom I have
not seen or heard from in a long time.  If I am meant to stay in contact, there are still phones and emails, right? I have also liked it for getting information out to a large number of people either in alert or support.  The last, a friend of mine has a clothing boutique exclusively through Facebook.  Well, I guess I will save a little money.  So I am 1 week FB-free and I have to admit, I am still feeling twitchy. I reach for the iPad or my phone to check in.  What is going on on?  I MUST know.  I know it will pass.  I will be better for it, I am sure.  In the meantime, I am still on Instagram-(I do like it because it is picture based) and I am making time for real life status updates.....Here are some from this week.
xo~M

My boy

MEOW!!!!

All the cousins

My sweet niece, Evelyn, posing on the pumpkin

I thought this was a pretty cool pumpkin-looked like peanuts on it.

Max found some bat sunglasses in the store.


I talon I found!  Awesome find!  Josh dumped his drink out and put it in the cup for the kids to take to school.

Koi pond

My girly-girl gets an NFL face painting....it says UA (Under Armour) on the other cheek....

My beautiful butterfly

Our front yard




This was not Max's ball to get, but I LOVE the huge smile on his face while he is running!

No comments:

Post a Comment