Sunday, December 8, 2013

Being Still

I recently left Facebook.  I de-activated temporarily, thinking I would probably be back.  My friend, Stacy told me I would find freedom in it.  I have to admit, I was slightly skeptical.  I thought I would handle the quiet and go back.  Last week I decided I was done.  I didn't really need it.  Stacy was right.  I did feel free in a sense.  I messaged my friends from afar, told them I was de-activating (permanently), and gave them my contact information.  I opened my email this morning and read the newest blog post from one of my favorite authors and bloggers, Glennon Melton, who writes the Momastery blog.  She talked about taking her annual hiatus from the outside world...being still and looking.  It just seemed kind of ironic and exactly how I was feeling.  Felt nice to be validated, in a way.  Her post, http://momastery.com/blog/ echoed my thoughts.  Another friend of mine commented on my leaving Facebook- commenting that I was hands off....I commented back that I wanted to be hands on...to life, to my kids, to Josh...and yes, hands off to some of the technology that I felt had started to invade the "in real life." This weekend was a lot of hands on to real life....some not so fun-laundry, dishes, blech...but then a lot of FUN too....baking, candle making, movie watching, snuggling....being still.
xo~M
Prep-ingredients, music, recipes.


Candles-before
Candles-after


Cookie dough-before



Cookie dough-during
     
Cookies-After




1 comment:

  1. Great photos!! And you are right, we want to put our energy back into our lives, which make us better able to be more grounded and serve others as a result. I also do not miss Facebook. I kind of like being left out of the loop and being pleasantly surprised when I hear news that everyone knew but me, or when I get Christmas cards I get to see photos of everyone's children that I do not see on facebook everyday. The element of surprise is reborn in a way when you disconnect from Facebook, don't you think? So proud of you. I think you are an amazing mom and wife. Sending you love and keep writing! xo, Stacy

    ReplyDelete