Tuesday, December 3, 2013

It's Going Down....I'm yelling Timber

It was not funny when it happened.  In fact, I was teary.  But after it happened, Pitbull and Ke$ha were stuck in my head. 
   



       


I was so excited to decorate and turn the lights on.  It is one of my most favorite times of the season.  So I put it up.  I put the lights on, the ornaments, the beads....
 The Toot and Puddle ornament that my best friend, Kimberley gave me.  I took this shot and then texted it to her that I was thinking about her. 
 As I was taking this shot, the tree was tipping toward me....I "think" I yelled out and then tried to catch it. 
So we lost Ella's First Christmas, Josh's Georgia ornament (I get him an ornament every year since he grew up with a menorah), the last ornament my mom bought me, and one that Keelin and Ella bought Josh and I on their own.  There were a few tears.  I was grateful, though that Ben's ornament survived, as well as Zoey's.  The majority of the kids' ornaments were safe.  Josh and I spent the next hour under the tree with a razor knife and limb clippers trying to cut off an offensive knob that did not allow the tree to drop fully into the tree stand.  I say a little prayer each day when I come home from work that it is still standing.  We are on day 2. 
xo~M

No comments:

Post a Comment