Sunday, June 17, 2012

License To Drive







How early we learn to multi-task: driving and talking on the phone.  He has a ways to go before he learns all of the road rules, but until then he DID keep his helmet on and put his car into park when talking on the phone. It is amazing to me how fast Max figured out the specifics on driving-forward, reverse, gas, turning the wheel the correct way for both forward and backward.  Every time he figured something out he would look at me over his shoulder and smile, “Eyes on the Road!” (another rule) I jogged behind him, camera in hand, trying to catch his expressions as tiny stones pelted my ankles from my son’s lead foot.  Expressions ranged from brow furrowing concentration to an ear to ear grin.  Watching Max “behind the wheel” was a bit surreal.  I fast forwarded 12 years to him in his first car.  Would I see the same concentration?  The same ear to ear grin?  Knowing Max, I know I will.

Xo~M

No comments:

Post a Comment