Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Swimming with the Fish....


The kids and I recently visited my baby sister, who just bought a new house (with her sweet husband).  While there, she took us to a lake about a 2 minute drive from her house.   We got there and immediately saw this :
Yes, that says : Beach closed.  And being the rule followers that we are, we immediately set up camp!  The girls took to the water and spent close to 40 minutes trying to catch a minnow with plastic cups.  Max who loves water...I mean loves the bath, loves the pool, and LOVES the ocean refused to go into the lake.  I walked him in and he felt a fish brush by his ankle and it was all over.  Never mind that he sees jellyfish bobbing in the ocean waves and actively digs for mole crabs.  He wanted NO part of the lake water.  Aunt Bean finally persuaded him to go in with her.
Ella was definitely the daredevil of all of them. She lay down in the water, she swam out to the raft and talked her sister into it as well.  Then she jumped off the raft into the water.  This was way past the part where she could reach, but she really wanted to do it. Keelin kept calling back to make sure I was watching and would jump in if they needed me.  We had a really fun time.  Makes me miss the area and also Bean.  Thanks for the great day Bean.  We love you.  xo~M



No comments:

Post a Comment