Saturday, June 30, 2012

Road Trip!!!
I remember when we were kids driving from Western NY to Myrtle Beach during spring break.  This was when seat belts in the back seat was a "guideline."  My mom would make the way back (of our Plymouth Voyager) into a bed.  It was a highly coveted spot.  Usually 2 out of the 3 of us sat back there.  My mom packed bags and towels into where out feet would usually be.  Then more towels and sleeping bags to fashion the "bed."  This was also before dvd players in the car and even cd players.  As we got older and luckier, we MIGHT each have our own WALKMAN!  We still played the license plate game and we ate a bunch of candy.  And that was it....that is how we survived....until we got to South of the Border and we knew we were nearly there!  Fast forward to the present.  Not only are their portable dvd players, most cars have them built in.  My kids don't really have the concept of traveling hours (just that anything over ONE is WAY too long).  They do understand, "We will be there in 3 movies!" Snack time is approximately every 15 minutes.  Liquids are handed out sparingly.  Along with a case of movies, we have iPods, DS, an iPad, a kindle, oh and if Josh and I are lucky there is a small lapse of silence when we can listen to music :)  With these survival tools, we will reach our destination. 
 Max on the DS and the girls watching a movie.  Josh was in charge of these pictures as I was driving...as a result of my navigator taking pictures, I missed my exit!
Happy travels

xo~M

No comments:

Post a Comment